3 in 1 storage solutions for your home (office) with this upcycled mid-century Nathan bookcase
Question: What do you get when you cross an iconic Nathan Furniture Makers bookcase, with a gorgeous new Midnight Green paint job, and an inspirational Bauhaus design paper?
Answer: A joyful, brightly coloured, storage piece that will fit effortlessly into your workspace or home.
Many of us now spend much more time working from home, and we’ve all learned the importance of creating a workspace that’s not only functional but also stylish and creative. This isn’t always easy, especially when we’re dealing with smaller spaces.
That’s when you need some clever, versatile storage solutions, like this stunning mid-century cabinet, by Nathan Furniture Makers.
British made in the 1970s, these pieces were designed with elegant, simple lines that were, (and still are), instantly recognisable as Nathan pieces, to allow them to fit effortlessly into the modern home. We may be half a century on, but Nathan Furniture is as relevant today as it was then, especially when it’s been as lovingly restored as this one.
Elegantly petite, this beautiful bookcase offers some very smart storage solutions, with its clever combination of shelving, drawers, and cupboard space.
It would also work wonderfully well in a family room to show off your lovely photos, or as a drinks cabinet if you love to display your Gin collection. And just imagine it in your dining room, perfect for plates, crockery, and glasses.
In short, whilst this bookcase is eminently practical and functional, it will also bring some style, colour, and elegance to your home, whether used in the office, a hallway or alcove, or elsewhere.
It’s going to look simply amazing.
Nathan Mid-century bookcase features
- British made in the 1970s by Nathan Furniture - solid build with teak veneer
- Painted in Midnight Green, paired with 1919 wallpaper from Lust Home
- Full dimensions are W87 x H121 x D27cm
- Its dimensions make it a perfect fit for an alcove or shallow space
Tips for creating a beautiful workspace in your home.
- Make your workspace inviting - somewhere where you’ll actually want to be
- Choose furniture that looks good and happily integrates into your scheme
- Look for clever storage techniques so that you can keep evidence of your work life out of sight
- Have fun choosing colours, textures and accessories - they will boost your creativity at work too.
- Work with a furniture artist to create a bespoke look just for you. Getting involved in the design process can really help us to feel invested in our work as well as our home lives.
For more tips on creating a beautifully functional workspace in your home, sign up to my VIP list
More Nathan Furniture to complete your scheme
Complete your interior scheme with other furniture from the same range which can be customised to your exact specification.
Commission a Nathan Sideboard or Bureau to match and your home office will be complete.
Working from home is an even more attractive proposition when you can have a beautiful workspace like this!
Free Shipping on this bookcase around mainland UK.