Caring For Your Refinised Furniture
As with all fine furniture, when treated with respect your painted and refinished furniture will give you enjoyment for many years to come.
The Complete Guide To Caring For Your Refinished Furniture...
Like all of us, vintage furniture has a history and minor imperfections are part of its story and charm. However, following some simple guidelines will help you keep your refinished furniture in beautiful condition.
Caring for solid wood, veneer and painted surfaces
To keep your furniture in the best condition possible, make sure to regularly dust your furniture, avoid placing it in direct sunlight, and be mindful of potential scratches.
I use long lasting products and materials to give you a durable finish...
How to care for your refinished furniture
- Avoid excess handling of your furniture where possible.
- Wipe up any spills as soon as they happen to avoid staining or damage to the surface.
- Clean with mild soap and water using a slightly damp microfibre or lint free cloth, then dry with a clean cloth.
- Avoid all direct contact with furniture polishes, sprays and excessive water
- Do not use any abrasive products or tools.
- Use coasters and placemats to protect the surface from moisture and heat. Don’t place hot drinks directly onto the surface
- If small scratches do appear on veneered or wood surfaces, you can apply a little oil or varnish. Painted surfaces also touch up well. Always test a discrete area first
Solid wood and veneers are living materials that can be effected by heat, cold and moisture, causing movement or hairline cracks...
Keep your furniture out of direct sunlight. This can cause fading and may also cause movement in the wood.
Heat from the radiators can cause veneers to lift, wood to move and oiled surfaces to dry out more quickly.
Test Oil Or Varnish
If small scratches do appear, you can apply a little oil or varnish. Always test a discrete area first.
HERE FOR YOU
Our journey of working together doesn’t have to finish when you have received your delivery; I am here for you if you have questions or need additional support when it comes to aftercare. I can also recommend and source care products for you too, so don’t hesitate to reach out and we can find the right solution for you.
Time To Explore The Store
With their traditional design and intricate details, a vintage bureau can serve as a functional workspace while also showcasing as an elegant decorative statement piece perfect for your living space...
With its retro design and elegant looks, a vintage drinks cabinet is perfect for displaying your collection of vintage spirits and creating a cozy and inviting atmosphere for cocktail parties and entertaining guests.
Iconic design should be for every room! Transform your sleeping space with beautiful furniture designs, bringing beautifully rustic contemporary styling to dressers, bedside tables and cabinets.
From Art Deco and Mid-Century Modern to Rustic and Retro Chic there are many different styles of vintage furniture to choose from, each with its own distinct personality and charm that will elevate your home beautifully...